Welcome to Silverline Private School
I would like to welcome you to the webpage of Silverline private school. Our school was founded in 2011 and is an international, co-educational school that welcomes pupils from all backgrounds and all abilities. Our aim is to provide quality education in a caring environment by offering a well-balanced education based upon a modified English National Curriculum while encouraging the development of the full potential and personality of our students.
Education is the foundation on which a child’s character is built, and here at SPS, ‘achieving success’ is guided by a holistic philosophy. We at Silverline private school believe that education is not only about imparting knowledge; it is about developing assessment and critical thinking skills. We believe that by nurturing and cultivating a child’s education as well as social, mental and physical wellbeing, we arm them with the skills to face life’s challenges with optimism, grace and determination. Our students can claim great ownership of learning and are equipped with the invaluable skills needed to thrive in their future academic and non-academic lives. Each of our students has the potential to bring something unique and special to the world.
We offer a broad curriculum taught by experienced teachers dedicated not only to their fields of learning, but also to their students. Silverline is a caring community where the welfare of every student is our priority. Our school houses Early years, Primary and Secondary departments giving the school a familial atmosphere, where our youth can learn in comfort and safety and build leadership skills as stewards of the student body. We are proud to provide a welcoming community for all.
Andreas Efstathiou BA(Hon), MSc, MEd
‘Where every student shines' is the school motto; and the ethos, curriculum and philosophy of the school is based on a set of clear aims that hold true to this statement.
Working in partnership with our parents, we are committed to providing a high quality education in a safe, supportive and stimulating environment. Recognising the central importance of each individual and his or her relationship with others, we are committed to promoting international understanding and responsible citizenship in a multicultural context.
Aims & Values
At Silverline Private School we aim:
- To create an environment where teaching and learning are enjoyed and valued, and where progress and achievement are encouraged and celebrated
- To help pupils to develop lively, enquiring minds, and to acquire knowledge and skills that will prepare and equip them for lifelong learning and for employment
- To foster an understanding of spiritual and moral values, an awareness of the world in which we live, and an appreciation of the interdependence of people and nations
- To promote good manners and respect for the rights and feelings of others, and to help pupils to form caring and supportive relationships
- To encourage pupils to participate in activities which present new challenges and help them to develop confidence and self-reliance
At Silverline Private School we value and encourage:
- Effort and personal achievement
- Self discipline and responsibility for one’s own actions
- Consideration for the safety and well-being of others
- Respect for the rights and property of others
- Honesty and reliability
- Respect for those in positions of authority
- Punctuality and good attendance
- Good behaviour and smart appearance
- Respect and care for the environment in which we live and work
- Courtesy and good manners
- Friendliness and helpfulness
At Silverline Private School we do not accept:
- Bullying and cruelty
- Cheating and dishonesty
- Lying and deceit
- Rudeness and the use of offensive language
- Behaviour that hinders the progress of others